Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Lysol?

CROBELO9

Cavy Slave
Minni just had to have an abscess removed, and although she is on antibiotics I want to clean the cage completely so that there is almost no way her wound can get infected.

Is lysol piggie safe? I have a plastic cover under the cage, on top of that a layer of fleece, and over the fleece I have paper bedding. The only part I would spray with lysol would be the plastic under the bedding and fleece.. and maybe I would wipe the grids with it, too.

Anyway, is it safe? And if not what can I use to make sure I kill germ around?

Thanks a lot!

Vinegar is fine. And she eats poop, so if your cage is reasonably clean, I wouldn't worry about it.

Vinegar it is, then!

One more question, I do know that they eat poop straight out of their butts, but is it normal for them to eat it after it is already in the bedding?

Sometimes they eat it out of the bedding, but I have no clue why.

Lysol is very dangerous. I made one of my pets deathly ill with it, because the warning on the label that says "May be harmful to small animals" is so small, you need a magnifying glass to see it. And don't forget the fumes...nasty stuff

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.