Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

lump on piggie =(

well I dropped Oscar off this morning. For the future, I'm bringing all my pigs to this other exotic vet I found a few towns over. I hope little Oscar's surgery goes ok =( They're keeping him over night tonight, so I wont be able to see him until tomorrow. The should call after the procedure is done today.

I hope all goes well for Oscar. For that kind of money, I wouldn't expect anything else.

I picked up Oscar lastnight! Poor thing, he looks terrible! They shaved his neck from his bottom lip down to between his front legs, and the incision (spelling?) is just as long! =( They gave me two kinds of antibiotics to give him, and some Oxbow critical care if I need it. He's eating okay, and resting. The good news is I did a change of ownership for him, to my boyfriend (who doesn't make as much money as I do) so that he could apply for financial aid. I've paid 800.00 so far, and hopefully they give us some kind of aid for the total amount that is due.So, It was infections in his lymph glands, and they had to remove them.

I'm glad that the operation went well! It's good to hear that he's eating normally. Just try to keep things low-key for him, he must be under a bit of stress. I wish you and the cavy all the best!

Oscar isn't do well =( He's lost all interest in food, except for the occasional bites of his salad that I give him every night. I've had to start feeding him the Critical Care the vet gave me, he seemed to like it at first, but now I have to force him to eat it. I'm not sure what to do now =(

Go out to your local grocery stores and buy a variety of things- piggy safe, of course. Try to give him new things, see if he likes it. I'm sorry about poor Oscar, my prayers are with you and Oscar.

awwwww Im sorry to hear about oscar. My prayers go out to you and your baby.

Oh, no! You can try posting at GuineaLynx for help if you need to. The Critical Care should see him through. Is there any way that he can see his buddies again? He may be sad because he can't see them, just thinking about what it could be. All the best!

I had to bring Oscar back in monday Night! He refused to eat and drink! and then I was checking his incision, and it was partially open! It was pussing too =(

I brought him back to the vet, and he's been there ever since. They were going to operate on him, open his wound, clean it out really good and leave it open to heal. They've decided not to operate because of his weakened state. They're trying to get him stable enough to go home, then I'll have to flush the wound daily.

I got to see him lastnight, which was good...I miss him =( I couldn't hold him, but I got to pet him.

awww well i'll pray for little Oscar and im sure he'll be okay

aw hope hes doing fine. My prayers are out for you and Oscar.

Oh no, poor Oscar :( I hope he gets better. I'll keep him in my prayers.

You and your Oscar are in my thoughts. Wishing for all the best!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.