Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Lots and lots of poo!

idramaxx0

Cavy Slave
Haha I'm sorry if this grosses anyone out, but I know when I play with my boys they sometimes poo twice in a row. My Fiyero was sitting on top of his house a few mins ago with his bottom hanging over the edge. I was sitting next to the cage talking to them and I noticed he was dropping a little poo. Well, after that one came another, and then another! I was laughing so hard as this kept going on, he poo-ed about 10 times in a row. I don't mean to gross anyone out bbut I was wondering if this is normal? He's obviously fine, I'm not worrying at all. Just curious if anyone else's piggies are so full of poo!

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
My little piggies are poo machines. They have 3 places that they love to poo in (of course not in their litter box!!!) and those places seem to fill up fast!. I have two boys and I do their spot cleanings at night so from after i do them until I do them again there is probably a full cup amount that i clean out. I think its crazy how much those little guys can poo.

PrttyChngaderas

Cavy Slave
I recently went from carefresh and chips to fleece bedding and I am STUNNED that they poop so much. I mean, REALLY guys? I didn't notice before because it was in with their bedding but now... holy crap!

Especially my big boys, they seem to be the poop machines and I don't often catch them in the act but, when I do, I think it's hilarious.

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
I know! I think it hilarious! BTW, her cage is a hill topped with poo! It is disgusting- but sometimes Cocoa poos 2 in 1 BIG poo. It is wired ( I notice it in her litter box). Now in her litter box there is carefresh- before was a lot of paper towels.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Lots of poop is a good thing! It's when there's none, or the poops are irregular looking, that you have to be worried. I can't tell you how many times I've prayed for poop!

writingirl15

Cavy Slave
:silly: Ha! I love this thread! There have been several times in the years that I've had my piggies that I just had to shake my head in amazement at all the poop that comes out of them! But I know that they are very healthy so it doesn't worry me that much :)

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
Haha, I literally JUST scooped out the cage and there is a pile of like 7 poops in one spot already.

vernamay

Cavy Slave
I just got 2 piggies(1st time) and being a gardener planned on composting their poo. I have setup a worm bin(1st time) for this. Still I am surprised about the amount of poo.

I got a boy(fixed) and a girl both from a guinea rescue the boy will not pee or pop on your lap but girl will do it all. I've had them less than a week and just really noticed last night that the girl was making all the mess on my lap.

natashia

Cavy Slave
This thread is making me laugh so much.

I think piggies just poo a lot, last night I was sweeping my piggies out and yelling "I just dont understand, how can something so small make this much poo?! It's like half their body weight! If we made this much poo we would have to get industrial plumbing fitted!

Naturally my boyfriend was quite appaulled, especially when I insisted on waving the dustpan full of poo as "proof" infront of his face.

Ash-Ro060708

Cavy Slave
I swear pound for pound my male guinea pig Elvis poops more then my 4 dogs... combined!! At least my other two male guinea pigs potty the most in their kitchen or bed areas(with pine bedding) so it hides it more.

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
I spot clean my piggys cage every day, but right when I get done he's back to pooping. Literally after one sitting of him pooping I can scoop up a handful. When he poops in his litter box it's one poop after the other. He even squints his eyes when he pushes the terds out!:D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.