Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals "loose" anus, testicles larger?

Skippie

Cavy Slave
Hello, everyone.
My four year old males anus seems to be very "loose" or just more open than it should be? I recently was concerned because he had some loose stools and now still gets some fairly "regular" odd-shaped stools. His poops have been doing well lately but now his anus seems so "open" (Im trying to come up with the right word to describe it!) Also, it seems like his testicles may be larger? There is no redness or irritation and he has been eating, drinking, and playing like normal. I will be scheduling for another vet visit but she is hard to get in with so it will probably be a couple of days.
I want to know what is going on here! Any help or insight would be wonderful!

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
It sounds like he's impacted. You can read about it at https://www.guinealynx.info/impaction.html

It seems to happen with older males who don't move around as much as they used to. Exercise, companionship, and lots of hay appear to help out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.