Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

looking to adopt in ohio

MrBassMan26

Cavy Slave
i live in akron, oh and wish to adopt a couple of young female cavies. i currently have two 1-1/2 year old females living in a 4' x 8' coroplast home. i would prefer NOT to get them from a "pet store" if i don't have to, but i don't want to drive forever to pick them up either. any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Cavy Carnage

Cavy Slave
I did a search on Pet finder for you, here are the results

Search results - pets in adoption centers near Mogadore, OH

There is a rescue in Mogadore which says it is about 15 mins away from you. On pet finder they only have males but often rescues don't list all the pigs they have, maybe you could call them. If they do just have males you could ask them to keep your number so when some females come in they would let you know.

MrBassMan26

Cavy Slave
that would be ideal since i work in mogadore, but they have shut down their operation, and the cavies shown, have to be adopted in chicago now.

Cavy Carnage

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed) They are in an aquarium! Not sure on sex.

Hopefully one of those will work out for you.

MrBassMan26

Cavy Slave
Thanks, I sent them an email, so we'll see what happens.

JennG

Cavy Slave
Actually the OH rescue in Mogadore is no longer open due to the owner's personal health issues. The piggies that are listed on petfinder are actually in the care of the Critter Corral in the Chicago area. It looks like there are a few other places in the OH area that may work for you. Good luck!

MrBassMan26

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

(broken link removed) They are in an aquarium! Not sure on sex.

Hopefully one of those will work out for you.

I talked to them. The piggies are about 4 months old. They have other piggies, including the mother of these three. They are no sure of the sex, aand yeah, they are in an aquarium. I kinda torn between "WOW, 3 piggies" and wondering about they're fate if i don't adopt them. I'ts not that I don't want 3 of them, but without knowing the sex, I don't want to end up with litters of them and then an expensive vet bill for neutering. Any opinions??

Cavy Carnage

Cavy Slave
They kind if sound like they are breeding them, intentionally or not. I would probably be swayed to help them if I knew they were living in an aquarium but only if they were free. If they happen to be breeding them and charging something I would say you are no longer interested. You could go and look at them, see the conditions and if they are breeders make excuses and leave. You could go, check the sex and then take the girls if any. Good luck.

HeidiMichel

Cavy Slave
Do you have the name and phone of the Akron people who have the guineas? I am looking for 2 babies... youngsters.

Heidi

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.