Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking to adopt a female in PA

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
Just in case you need any more info. :)

Have you tried any local animal shelters? They don't always put them on Petfinder, but if you call, they may surprise you. Make sure they're sexed correctly, I get the idea the shelters don't have as much experience with guinea pigs and may not know a lot about them.

People sometimes dump their pets at Petsmart and Petco when they're tired of them. Several people on this site have mentioned that.

Maybe a piggy-train could bring your pig straight to you from farther away.

We got ours from Have-A-Heart. The foster mom met me more than 1/2 way at a dog event up my direction. It was a little chaotic, but what a blessing not to drive down there. We live over an hour away from them. Marci gets back to you promptly (email) and I have heard great things about her on several different sites. I can't believe all she does and with little kids. Whew! She must have great help as well.

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I know it might just me but I find american pigs so much friendlier than abbys. All of my americans will eat from my hand, let me pet them and have chats with me. MY 2 abbys run and hide whenever I am around. It has nothing to do with how long I have had them either because the 2 abbys are the only 2 I have had since they were 4 weeks old and have been with me longer than any of my other pigs. :) I would suggest you try to guide your daughter towards an american and not get caught up in all the cuteness of the abbys. Just my opinion. :)

seveneves

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
our 4H leader has often commented on the "Aby Attitude" :) maybe that's why i'm so partial to Momma

chardonay1234

Cavy Slave
We adopted a piggy a few weeks ago :)

R5 plus

Cavy Slave
Pigtures? What did you finally end up doing?