Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Where to Order? Looking for good quality alfalfa pellets and hay in.Canada

Silverwind

Cavy Slave
Im willing to order online but would prefer if it didnt have to cross the border. I am very conerned about meeting the nutritional needs of my little girl, Moki, as there is a chance he could be pregnant, thanks to her cagemate, George, being mistakenly sexed as a female. I caight on after seeing him.mount her several times, and they are separated now, but it may already be too late. Moki is very young-10 weeks old-and I just want to make sure she has the best health possible, to hopefully keep her healthy throughout her possible pregnamcy and beyond. Any advice would be greatly appreciated she is my daughters cavy and she would be devastated if anything were to.happen.to.her.

KM alfalfa pellets are awesome! It would cross the US/Canada border but I would say it's worth it. (broken link removed)

You think she may be pregnant just because of her cage mate mounting her? When pigs meet this is normal dominance behavior, and happens between same sex pigs also. Have you checked this: Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig To see if the other pig is really male or female?

Yes, I did begin to suspect due to what appeared to be odd behavior. I hav no previous experience with piggies, so the first thing I did was post on the behavior board and was then linked to the sexing instructions. I sexed them myself and found George to be a boy, and Moki to be a girl and possibly in heat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.