Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Lol bow legged guinea pig or what?

jswozzle

Cavy Slave
So, Stitches (girl) is big. Well shes bigger than Snowball. Stitches is a Teddy bear(not the real fluffy kind), and Snowball is a normal Short hair, so I don't know if the size is relative to the breed or what. They aren't overweight, or underweight, just different than one another. But anyways, She(Stitches) walks kind of funny. You know how it looks when a piggie rumblestruts? That's what it looks like but she walks normal speed, and runs and hops and popcorns etc., etc.. Her legs look farther apart, kinda bowlegged, again like the rumblestrutting. Snowball's legs look completely normal in comparison. Stitches doesn't seem like shes uncomfortable or lethargic because of it. Definitely hasn't hindered her lap running. Just wondering if this is normal? Does anyone else have bow-legged piggies?

My biggest girl also walks funny. She is close to 3lb. But her feet are funny. Her front feet turn out (this makes it so hard to trim nails!). And when she sits her back feet don't completely touch the floor. And when she walks she kinda waddles. It has been like this for years, even when she was on a diet. I think some pigs are just built different like people, and too much weight can cause they to walk funny.

My 4 mo. Abby walks funny, kinda side to side sway waddle. Like how it looks when a porcupine walks (which is fitting since his name is Porupine lol) since Odair, my american, doesnt walk like this and is the heavier of the two, i figured Porcupine just walks funny. He runs normal, so I'd second that piggies are just built diffrent.

Oh okayy, nice to know I'm not the only one with a waddler. Lol. She also lays down when she eats. Lazy much? haha Thank you both !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.