Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Lizzie - The cage re-modeling guinea pig.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
Well as the title suggests Lizzie has found a hobby- Cage re-modeling. First of all She likes to move her pellet dish around the cage to wherever it suits her, I put it in a nice spot where both pigs can easily walk up to it and eat but noooo that is not how lizzie wants it so she moves it. Second of all she likes to move her bed. Last night after I did my weekly full cage cleaning I put their two beds in the little cubby/hidey house area where they sleep makes sense right? but apparently not to Lizzie,they live in my bedroom and this morning I woke up to find that lizzie was not satisfied with where I put and had moved it. She also likes her fruit twig tunnel to be on it's side not upright. She walks under it,stops in the middle and gives it a little push with her head making it fall over onto it's side and continues on her way. Now my other piggie my sweet, darling marie does not seem to care about the placement of her cage accessories as long as she has three things food,water,a soft comfy place to sleep and laptime with me. I cannot help but laugh at my little re-modeling piggie.

Mine don't seem to rearrange their furniture, but they chubble and popcorn when I do it for them. (I rearrange all their hideys every night so that they aren't constantly peeing in the same spots.) Maybe since they like it so much they might start figuring out how to do it on their own :eek:hmy:

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Ditto for mine. Its the funniest site to see a walking pigloo!

Yeah Charlie likes to move his pigloo closer to the food dish, or I wake up and the food dish is moved. LOL I wanna see a walking pigloo though, I haven't gotten to see that yet.

My shy one will walk the pigloo so it is over the food dish. Eating in privacy, I guess :)

I love it! I wish mine would do something like that! How cute!

My Pikachu used to pick up her plastic bowl and carry it around the cage and put it where she wanted it. She was the only guinea pig I ever had that did that.

Well It sounds like i'm certainly not alone when it comes to guinea pigs re-modeling their "furniture"

My Hammy rearranges everything as well and he even dumps his food bowl. I had to get a bigger and heavier bowl because so much of the pellets were being wasted:guilty:

Mine rearranges everything! lol

And mine takes the chew block thingy and stands it straight up, kinda like an outhouse. And that's where they mostly do their "pottying". LOL

@ohiocountrygirl06 hahahaha that is too funny a piggie outhouselol Every morning after I put the pellets in their bowl lizzie moves it a little under thier tunnle like she saying " no no no you see I like it here not over there when will you ever learn you silly human".

my obcy loves to push and tug huts and pigloos around the cage. i can leave the room for 10 minutes, come back, and the cage looks different. she loves to put herself in the doorway of a pigloo, then use her body to shove it around.

My girls are re-modelers too! My bigger girl, Meap, likes to rearrange the tunnels so they are end to end. Pearl (the other one) likes to drag the pellet dish around to wherever suits her fancy at that moment. It's a heavy, stoneware dish and it's so funny to see her grab it with her teeth and tug for several minutes to get it where she wants it. They don't really move their pigloo, but they pull the water bottles off to the side, so they are tilted at a 45 degree angle.

Willy prefers to eat his pellets from the cage floor. I have used heavy bowls to avoid this but I can see the comfort he feels from knowing where he has hidden his pellets from his sizable cage mate. He also likes to arrange all the boxes and turn the igloo upside down.

Mine changes the way his pigaloo is facing and I tried using a rolling hay dispenser and he doesn't like it hooked to his cage so he will go under it and push it up and off the cage!!!! LoL I love my ccage remodeling piggie!!!!

Ginger likes to move the food bowl around. :D My other girls usually leave things pretty much as I arrange them.

A few days ago Marie tried to tunnel under the drip pad underneath the water bottle and started walking with it on her back haha

My Iggy does the walking pigloo, she knocks the pellets over, she will hoard veggies in her pigloo and won't let Fiona in until she has eaten all of said veggies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.