Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Litter Box??

Kiwisoo

Cavy Slave
I am about to assemble a 2 x 4 C&C cage this weekend, with a 1 x 2 loft. My plan is for the loft to be the kitchen/litterbox area. I need a litterbox that will fit on one end of the 1 x 2 loft. The food dishes will be at the other end, the hay rack directly above the litter box.

Can anyone give me some ideas of what kind of box to use for the litter box? What will fit the 1 x 2 loft ( on one end only)? I will be using fleece guinea pig bedspreads for the loft and lower level, and want to keep using Carefresh in the litterbox. Up to now, the girls have only had Carefresh in the their current cage, so I will be litter box training them as well.

What kind of plastic/ceramic, etc box will fit for a litter box? Thanks for any and all ideas. It's the last detail I need to sort out.

you can use a lot of different things in that kind of area. If you have any left over coroplast, maybe even make a box that would fit perfectly in there with a low front or entrance that you could easily remove when needed?

Personally, I use this: Petco Small Animal High Back Litter Pan at PETCO for my cage with the hay rack right above it.
But you could also try to find something like this: (broken link removed) and just cut out an opening. I've seen a few people with variations.

I have been looking at boxes similar to the WalMart one, but my question is this---what does it take to cut an entrance into it without cracking the plastic? What tool will do that?

I just bought a kitty litter tray for 3 dollars at Walmart. If the sides are less than 4 inches it is easy for them to jump into. :)
Litter Box??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.