Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Licking?

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Hey guys,
So my new boy Radley loves to lick me. I find no problem with this because it's adorable, but could it be a sign of something wrong, like a salt deficiency? I know you're not supposed to give them salt licks.
Thanks! :)

Mine lick me to so idk. I think its cute .. one of mine kinda sucks when she kisses .. all of my 4 kiss well... sometimes bite ..lol and they dont need any kind of licks (salt,mineral)

@pocketmonster

Sorry for earlier replies of mine that haven't been the most correct. I have since been informed of this and am going to check beforehand.

Guinea Pigs licking you means you are doing a great job caring for them, and they are beginning to accept you! It is a very good sign. It means they have grown to like you.

I definitely wouldn't worry about it being a bad sign. A salt deficiency isn't the case here.

Good for you!

@pocketmonster

Sorry for earlier replies of mine that haven't been the most correct. I have since been informed of this and am going to check beforehand.

Guinea Pigs licking you means you are doing a great job caring for them, and they are beginning to accept you! It is a very good sign. It means they have grown to like you.

I definitely wouldn't worry about it being a bad sign. A salt deficiency isn't the case here.

Good for you!

Yay!! Thanks so much for this, I feel a lot better! We just brought Radley home last night so I am so happy so see he's settling in so quickly :)

I call Poppy my Kiss Monster. He licks and nibbles very gently quite often! :love:

I call Poppy my Kiss Monster. He licks and nibbles very gently quite often! :love:

That's cute. My Big Sis' is a nibbler as well. Hehe. Is Poppy in your avatar?

My piggies lick me, too. My boar that is now over the rainbow bridge, Pedro, was the sweetest little lover boy ever. I would give him gentle pets between his eyes and ears (his fav spots) and then he would lick me and give me some lovin'. It was so sweet.

During lap time and my pigs start to nibble me, I know that it's their way of saying they want to go back in the cage to peepee.

My piggies love to lick me!

This is a good sign and should be no worry about it =D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.