Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Lice Or Fleas?

cavylover123

Cavy Slave
I was just holding one of my boars Ace and noticed he was scratching. I looked at his skin and saw (eww!) little white bugs crawling around! So i was wondering if it was fleas or lice. Also my mom called the vet and made an appointment but it's still 3 weeks away (we havent gone to the vet with the pigs before). So I was just wondering what to do til then. I will change the fleece more often and stuff, but what can I do for Ace until we see the vet? Will I catch the lice from him? What is the usual teatment for guinea pigs, and how effective? I saw a few different things when I looked it up. Well I'm kinda nevous because they havent had any medical problems before and I don't know where they would have picked lice up from. Any answers to theese questions would be very helpful. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.