Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

lice...lice...LICE!!!!

Auzziefreak

Cavy Slave
well...isn't this great, i've just descovered that my two guinea pigs are so lovingly giveing some lice a free home in their skin..So i have a few questions, I live in Canada and i was wondering if anyone here knows of a shampoo or spray that would be gentle for them. and can this lice be transmited to my two poodles? i'm quite distressed about this, and ANY help would be so appreciated!!!

I think you can use Advantage and treat at home

oh that would be a VERY ideal way for me to treat it..do you use it just like you would on a dog? just with obviously less medication i would think?

I believe that you can use the topical medication, but I would make sure first, as I'm not an expert

excelent..i will check with a vet about it first though.

Two drops of Advantage. One behind each ear or thereabouts. Retreat in a couple of weeks.

Thats so awesome. I thought i was going to have to do all these sprays, and go to the vet, and shampoo them and leave them wet and cold for ten minutes while the shampoo does its stuff...this is a relief..any idea how much it would cost?

$10 - $12 for a single tube of Advantage, if you can find a vets office that sells single tubes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.