Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits Levels or flat?

Lilacpetals

Cavy Slave
I'm thinking about getting a new cage that has three levels on it with ramps. I would carpet everything, and my rabbit is litter trained. However, I was told bunnies should be on a /flat/ surface not one that causes them to jump too much...

Yes, it's a petstore cage, I can't use C&C Cubes. :/ My rabbit eats the plastic coating off of them, then gets sick. Specs:

• 3 Platforms, 3 ramps and 1 hammock included
  • Large, hinged doors are "escape-proof"
  • Space saving shelf can be used to store toys, treats and more
  • 31-Inch long, 20-inch wide, 54-inch high (on stand) with 7/8-inch wire spacing
This is a picture of it with a chin in it:

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71+FH9gmWtL.jpg

Where I live, there is even a law concerning rabbits need for at least one "sitting shelf", or similar in the cage to jump up on. Jumping is natural behavior for rabbits, the more they can do it the better I'd say. Just make sure you have a large enough cage where the rabbit can move with ease. The chinchilla cage looks too small & narrow.

There are metal cubes/grids without plastic coating, perhaps something you could find?

Oh wow okay then. I need to find some. I got the ones I have on sale, go figure. 64 for 67 dollars :/ Thought I was getting a good deal. I can also look around on amazon some more, I know everyone here is against store bought cages, but when you have a naughty lionhead, you need something to contain her!

We're only against the cages that are too small. :) I've found two pet store cages in my area that actually meet & go above the recommended size for 2-3 guinea pigs/2 rabbits. Unfortunately I have no idea if they are available in the rest of the world, or which brand.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.