Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Letting Off Steam

Emissa

Cavy Slave
So I figured this might be the best place to wine. So...I was looking into trying to find a roommate for my female guinea pig luna. She's about 3-4months old. I'm looking on this site near me called www.ksl.com where it has classifieds. There's a lady who has a picture of 4 guinea pigs in WAY to small of a cage. Claiming she doesn't have time for them and that they are all female and 3-4 months old. AKA (I got them recently and didn't realize what i was getting in to) So i sent her a message understanding she was trying to get rid of all, but if she would be willing to seperate 1 female for me to take because Luna is 3-4 months old and I'm looking for a playmate for her. Her response... "I would't do that, older Guinea Pigs, if not raised together, they will fight until one of them is dead"...really? Coming from someone who doesn't even have enough room for her guinea pigs and yet trying to talk to me like I have no idea about guineas. Obviously you did no research when getting yours to begin with. PLUS my guinea pig is not OLDER than yours. This woman is airheaded. It extremely frustrates me because I really would like to adopt a female and they are so hard to come by around here that the one I find has to be dumb. (IF you want me to post her picture let me know..it's obviously too small so i did not want it getting deleted when it's not my cage)

Did you try explaining to her that what she said was not true?

No, i just explained that my guinea pig is the same age...i couldn't find words without being extremely rude to her

try to calm down and e-mail again later. Maybe try under a different e-mail and say you just want one and pretend you don't have any, if the lady is that dumb....

I'd really make sure they're sexed properly. I searched the site you gave and saw the cage. I really wonder how she obtained them. She's asking $80 for the whole thing, pigs, cage and supplies.

lol that would be funny. Well i nicely sent her an email understanding where she's coming from but that's not entirely true, and that my cage is the length of our wall in our room so they will have plenty of room. but no response, so it's whatever. Just wanted to vent to people who could understand where I'm coming from. Maybe a new posting for adoption will come soon :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.