Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Less Expensive alternative to Oxbow and other recommended brands

cynpz

Cavy Slave
Ive been using Oxbow for my two pigs, but it's a bit pricey for me :/ i know its one of the best, but after comparing ingredients between oxbow and others, would you think Kaytee Timothy Complete Guinea Pig Food would be a good choice for a less expensive alternative to Oxbow and other recommended brands? if you have any other suggestions pleeease let me know. thank you.

I would not recommend Kaytee, it is poor quality. How much pellets are you feeding your guinea pigs? I have two guinea pigs that get 1/4 cup of Oxbow pellets a day, and a bag lasts quite a while. I spend much more on hay and veggies than I do pellets.

I fed Kaytee Timothy Complete foo before I found Oxbow. Oxbow is better quality. try buying bigger bags? My pigs liked kaytee but preferred the oxbow

after looking at other brands sold at petsmart and petco, nothing really compares to oxbow! im just going to keep using it. it does last a while! thank you all for helping me realize how crazy it would have been to buy something of poor quality!!

Why don't you order from KMS? I just bought 25 lbs of timothy pellets for $37.01, that is $1.48 a pound. Oxbow is about $15.00 for 5 lbs, which, is $3.00 a pound. Not to mention KMS is SUPER fresh and green :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.