Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Length of feet compared to pig's weight

z123carleigh

Cavy Slave
I'm wondering if there is any correlation between the length of a pig's feet and its weight. My biggest pig weighs 1250g and his feet are 1.75 inches long. My smallest pig is 900g and his feet are 1.5in long. I have one pig who has huge feet- 2in long. He is young and still growing. He weighs 1075 grams, but he's gained about 100 grams over the past two weeks. Do you think he'll end up being really big?

I'm interested in hearing how big other pigs' feet are. To keep it consistent, I was measuring about from the heel to the the end of the toe before where the nail starts growing.

i dont measure my pigs feet i dont see why you would have to

Maybe it's like puppy paws! lol I've heard that you can tell how big a dog will get by the size of their paws! Your youngest guinea might be the biggest of all...

Interesting question. I do know there is a relationship between the distance from the center of a horses knee to the coronet band(where the hoof starts) that can determine the approximate wither height of a horse. That has nothing to do with the weight tho. Maybe the length of the Piggie? Or even the height at the shoulder? Food for thought...

Well, you don't have to measure a guinea pig's feet, of course. It's just for scientific inquiry. Are guinea pig's feet proportional to their size? With the exception of my clown footed pig, there seems to be a correlation between weight and foot size. But I might just be imagining that because I want Elliot the clown pig to be giant!

I think foot size is random or genetic. I had one average sized female with huge feet. She had long toes and thick nails. My senior female has really tiny, baby looking feet even though she was bigger than "bigfoot."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.