Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Lap time, wondering about a couple things!

rubypig

Cavy Slave
I see a lot of pictures and vids of guineas on coaches, beds, etc and I'm wondering how they don't fall off? Is it ok to let them roam free on a coach or on a bed? I kinda cup them with my hands, scared they might fall?

It depends on the pig, and the owner. I don't let them on my bed and couch, because the one time Holly hopped off my lap onto the couch, she peed. So yeah, I don't do it.

Actually I don't want to speak too soon but I have not had a pee situation ever with mine so I guess I'm lucky, my coaches are leather so I wondered if they'd like to walk around on them if I put some fleece over the leather because when I'm cuddling them they sniff around curiously.

I am curious on how they see heights and are they aware of them.

I've noticed that my pigs seem to not be aware of heights in the least, or they are dare devils, because when I have them in my lap, I have to have my hand placed on the edge of my lap or else they will just try to walk off of it.

Ok that's not good lol I think I'll stick to hand guards!

So really this means people need to be paying more attention to those fluff balls heading toward the end of the coach or bed while they're making vids for Ytube! Lol

We put our pigs on the couch once; they kept trying to run off the edge. It's only about a two or three foot drop onto a carpeted floor, but still, I don't think they fully understand gravity. ;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.