Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets KMS Alfalfa Pellets-Pseudo testimonial lol

whittles

Cavy Slave
So after feeding my 4 month old pig some low quality pellets (which is what he was basically raised on and all you can find out here in the boonies), I bought a bag of KMS alfalfa pellets and literally put them in Ziggy's bowl not 15 minutes ago. After he tried it, he popcorned and jumped around like crazy. He seems to really like them, which I am happy about. I will be ordering more in the future and they are such high quality, I am very happy with them. Other than the shipping, the price was pretty reasonable considering the quality. I would highly recommend to anyone in doubt about buying these pellets for your pigs, mine absolutely loves them. His new friend, Bob, will be arriving on March 1st and I am hoping Bob will like them as much as Ziggy. I would say that I ordered a 10 lb bag to start with but I would buy a bit larger size to start your pigs on. Kinda wish I would have picked up the 25 lb bag in retrospect, but I wasn't sure he would take to them considering his upbringing (in a small fish aquarium with his mother and littermate, who may very well be a female and pregnant now-le sigh) as all he knows are bad quality pellets and he and his fam weren't being fed veggies either. Well, with his current diet of veggies and now a higher quality pellet, I have a very happy pig! Hoping his upcoming roomie likes them a lot too, Ziggy is very skittish but it's nice to see him so happy. Anyway, if this post helps you make a decision whether to buy these pellets for your pigs, my job is done here haha.

-The hay also looks great, once I run out of the timothy hay I ordered from a local farm I will buy and try it. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in on these pellets!

Now that testimonial isn't pseudo at all! :) Nothing false about it - you and your boy clearly love the product and with great reason! Incidentally, with 1 pig (and eventually 2) the 10 lb bag of pellets should be enough for a while. I order the 25 lb bag but I have 5 pigs. Being that pigs only get 1/8 of a cup of pellets/day, it's going to take you a while to get through that 10 lb bag.

If you've only got one pig, you likely won't need any more alfalfa pellets. Your pig will be old enough for timothy pellets by the time that bag is gone.

haha! Yes, it certainly was 100% truth. I was wondering that, I was hoping the bag would last until they were ready to make the switch to timothy pellets. I think both boys are right around the same age, Ziggy may be a month older, but I'm glad to hear this bag will last me for a while...I'm really happy with it and I will definitely be a lasting customer!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.