Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay km hayloft order received, but i'm confused ?

geo13

Cavy Slave
so after waiting a week for my order i finally got it problem is i'm a little taken back. i was under the impression that i was getting fresh green hay.i ordered a5lb bag of 2nd cut hay and a10 lb bag of Timothy pellets.i didn't buy the 3rd cut because of it containing brown hay more than usual.do why am i seeing this .am i wrong someone please help me understand,i was so excited and now i'm a bit disappointed what do you think [GuineaPigCages.com] km hayloft order received, but i'm confused ?

This recent harvest wasn't very good, unfortunately. I'm sorry your order was during it! I think they were stuggling with the weather, and their hay suffered.

I have some from this batch,too. It's quite disappointing! I think they're cutting again soon, so the issue should be better next time you order. This lesser quality is *not* the norm!

Does the box has and holes in it? There was one time I got my order with damaged box. The plastic bag inside has holes. It was raining that week and some of the hay got damaged.

Contact KM if you are not satisfied with the product. They have really good customer services.

oh no.. I am glad you got it . but that is very sad it came in that shape..

well the bag had holes in it (white plastic garbage bag) but the box seemed in tact and it does feel moist especially the brown stuff i send An email i'm hoping they can tell me something is it normal for it to be moist? how do i store it should i just pick out the brown stuff or leave it as is till they respond?

well the bag had holes in it (white plastic garbage bag) but the box seemed in tact and it does feel moist especially the brown stuff i send An email i'm hoping they can tell me something is it normal for it to be moist? how do i store it should i just pick out the brown stuff or leave it as is till they respond?

Just send them the photo with your email message. You won't have to send it back. My guess is they will send you another shipment. Just feed the green part in the meantime.

Just send them the photo with your email message. You won't have to send it back. My guess is they will send you another shipment. Just feed the green part in the meantime.
Apr 24, 2012 12:34 i did and got this:
<[email protected]> wrote:
> > Yes, > > We apologize but there is some brownleaf in the new 2nd timothy. We > placed a notice on the front page about it this time. We ran out of 2nd > timothy earlier this year and were very luckily able to find some new hay > but as you can see it does have some brownleaf in it. > > But, just like in your picture, there is only a spot of brown. Most of the > hay is good green 2nd timothy like we are used to. > > We will get our 2nd timothy back in late August and will send out an email > to all customers when we get it in but for now this is the only 2nd > timothy we have. That's why we posted the notice about it on the front > page. > > I'm sorry for any inconvenience, let me know if there is anything else I > can do for you. > > Thank you for choosing KMS Hayloft! > Nessa > Shipping Manager > KMS Hayloft

The 45 lb box I got in January is over half gone. I was planning to place a new order at the beginning of May.
Should I hold off in light of their harvest issues?

The 45 lb box I got in January is over half gone. I was planning to place a new order at the beginning of May.
Should I hold off in light of their harvest issues?

That would depend on what's available to you, and how brown your shipment of KMS is. Mine has quite a few fistfuls of stuck-together brown parts( in addition to the normal amounts of brown leaves mixed in with green), but it's not super detrimental to me.

I think there's always that possibility of getting brown hay in any box you receive from any hay company. An Oxbow rep told me that boxed hay is handled by machine so there's not as thorough a quality control as the bagged hays that are inspected prior to shipping. I'm not sure about KM, but I would assume it's probably the same thing. I love KM pellets and would buy the hay if it was the same cost as it is to buy boxed Oxbow here in IL.

Interesting. I got 3rd and 2nd cut and mine did not look like that, guess its the luck of the draw. I read your other thread and see that they are sending you a free order which is amazing! Mine did have some brown mixed in with green but nothing like that at all, just looked like older hay mixed in with fresher but most was green. I was 100% satisfied. Glad its worked out. I am a KMS person for life now :D

Interesting. I got 3rd and 2nd cut and mine did not look like that, guess its the luck of the draw. I read your other thread and see that they are sending you a free order which is amazing! Mine did have some brown mixed in with green but nothing like that at all, just looked like older hay mixed in with fresher but most was green. I was 100% satisfied. Glad its worked out. I am a KMS person for life now :D
me too!!!!!!! they are awesome and there stuff is very different than any store bought one and I've tried them all lol i was losing hope till i joined here and say the awesome advice and reference everyone here had!! so i love only km and this Piggie website!!!!i love the dedication everyone has for piggies and others piggies seriously Great!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.