Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Kitchen in Loft or bedroom in Loft?

dzergoski

Cavy Slave
Hi, All. New to guinea pigs. I just purchased a 2 x 6 C&C cage with a 2 x 2 loft. I'm looking for set up suggestions. I was thinking of putting the wood house/hidey area in the loft, with the kitchen area underneath it in the larger section. Then I read that someone else had the kitchen upstairs in the loft with the hidey area on main level. What are some suggestions/advice. Also, if it helps, we're going with the fleece bedding. It's in the wash now! Thanks for your help!:)

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum !
I also bought a 6x2 C&C cage with a 2x2 loft--did you buy from cavyspirit.com like I did ? My 2x2 is a hay loft mainly with an alligator cozy for sleeping, hay rack ( I recently changed hay-racks) litter box using care fresh bedding, and piles of hay which I need to change every day or every other day.
My "kitchen" isn't really a kitchen I guess, but it is on the lower level part, where I feed them their veggies twice daily. That is also where I have their water bottle and pellets. I want them to have as much room as possible to run around for exercise and do what people call on here "zoomies" !
If you want to see my set-up, just go to my album and check it out, but please know that I was in a big hurry to set this up, so it is not nearly as nice as I want it to be. I should have waited to take the pictures and post them in my album (STUPID of me) for it looks so messy and I am now very embarrassed about it.

Last edited:

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
I was just wondering, are you using the u-haul blankets underneath the fleece for absorption ? It is a fairly new idea that caught on very quickly and works really well ! How many piggies do you have ?

dzergoski

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your answer. I enjoyed your pictures. I bought some mattress pads to use under my fleece.

Anybody else have thoughts about how to set up the loft -- as either a kitchen area or a sleeping/hiding area?

kaite13

Cavy Slave
I would use it as a kitchen- thats what I do. My girls like their beds to be under the second level. This way you can maintain the hay, shavings and most of the poop upstairs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.