Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Kitchen area/ rust questions

PigPandemonium

Cavy Slave
Hey again,

I've been trying to get everything ready for baby and mommy to come. I've been thinking about adding another kitchen area to the 30ft cage so when they move in there, they won't have to all eat around the same small food dish and such. So I was thinking about what I could use, and remembered that I had a pet store cage outside that I had used as a rat cage for Tuz before she died. So I ran out to see what condition it was in since it had not been covered, thinking I wasn't going to use it again. The metal bottom was warped and totally messed up, so I through that away, the actual cage part however, was in ok shape. The only things I noticed was a little bit of washed out color, and a tiny bit of rust here and there. It was only noticeable if you were to inspect ever bar like I did, and there were only small little specs of it. So I'm wondering, is it still ok to use? Or would this harm them if they decided to chew on the bars? And if so, I'd also like some ramp ideas, if I am going to use the cage as it will be a loft.

Thanks,
Sara and the pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.