Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Khaleesi is pregnant, but for two days she hasn't been eating much or drinking much

Vetrin

Cavy Slave
She's always the guinea pig who eats like there's no tomorrow when they are served vegetables, but today and yesterday she almost hasn't touched her veggies, water or pellets, she still move around, but not alot and she has her own cage while she is pregnant. Since it's holliday i can't rush to the vet as a usually do when I feel something is wrong - i can go to the vet on tuesday, not sure if they are open tomorrow (but i'll figure out that tomorrow)

She hasn't gained a lot of weight she's 1,3kg at the moment.

The tummy doesn't feel as firm as it was a week ago.

Does anyone have experience linked to this?

no, I don't, but my pregnant pig had a few days like this about 2 weeks ago. She really worried me, and she would barely move or eat. The problem was she was too hot. I moved her to an airconditioned room and she improved drastically. If that is not the problem, I would give her a bit to see if there is any changes but if not, and she hasn't had much to eat, get to the vet, or she will die. Not eating is huge for pigs.

Also, feel her feet and ears. If they are cold, she needs a vet asap...that pregnancy toxemia.

Wow! Very helpfull answer. I have 8 guinea pigs and since she's pregnant i had to put her in the livingroom so she could get som peace and quiet, but her cage was not far away from an oven - so i moved her someplace else! Her ears and feet are warm - and she eats salad from my hand ^^

:) Your welcome. I read that even the slightest bit of over heating can quickly cause a pregnant pig to become lethargic, ill and even cause death...to me, the room she was in didn't feel that hot. I mean it was equal to the outdoor temp which was about 76 degrees, but to her, it overwhelmed her. I really hope that works. I suspected heat problems when she was doing this very weird thing...I have a vid of it i'll post when it loads

[video=youtube;UmcQt0Ga2QU] Edit this video [/video]

Its a very short one, but you can see her twitch and how shes laying, she was doing this all day and avoiding eating and drinking...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.