Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Loss Keeping Guinea Pig Happy After Loss

Rivet

Cavy Slave
This week we lost one of our piggies (https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/memory/85980-bye-bye-peekaboo.html). Now I want to make sure our other guinea pig, Bandit is going to be happy and not get depressed.

After Peekaboo died, I cleaned out the entire C&C cage from top to bottom and changed it all around. It was a 2x5, now it is a 2x4 with a 1x2 loft. I had that configuration before and Bandit always seemed to like the loft. I even moved the cage to a different corner to give a totally different feel for Bandit.

I have been trying to get Bandit out of his cage a little more and taking him around the house to be near the kids more. He seems to perk up when the kids are in the same room.

Bandit was fairly aggressive when he was with Peekaboo to the point that they fought and blood was drawn, so I don't think it is a good idea to get another piggie too soon. Bandit is about 7 months old, so maybe when he is a little older. Are there any suggestions about how to keep him happy when he is in his cage?

meggymoomoo

Cavy Slave
Lots of SAFE toys and laptime with other people