Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Keeping a single boar happy?

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Hey guys!
So Radley is in quarantine in my room right now and just looks so lonely in his big cage by himself. He can smell Harper and Scout from the other room and seems to be a little miffed that he is alone. Before I got him, he was a single piggy for two little boys. I have been holding him a lot, but I know that human companionship is no match for piggy companionship.
Do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep him happy and occupied for the next two weeks until we begin intros with Harper and Scout? I spend a lot of time at home in my room with him, but I feel like it isn't enough.
Thanks!

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
Just keep giving him lots of attention. You could put a little stuffed animal in the cage; some of my pigs have seemed to enjoy their inanimate companionship. But really, lap time, lap time, lap time.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
Try to think of it this way. Sometimes what is best for us isn't the most pleasant thing, not even what we want, but in the end, it's for the best, and we'll appreciate it later. Quarantine is unpleasant, but think how much more unpleasant it would be if all 3 of your piggies got infested with mites or got sick. Then there would be 3 unhappy piggies. Use this time to bond with the new guy, and remember how happy he will be when he gets to meet his new friends. Lots of popcorning! (Lets hope!)

sarica338

Cavy Slave
Maybe you can place a cheap mirror inside the cage, or outside. Remember LOADS of attention and LOADS of veggies.

-sarica

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
LOADS of of lap time - Yup! loads of lap time - Yup! loads of veggies - not unless you want loads of mushy poo! :D

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
Thanks, guys! I'll keep up the lap time!
Radley has been hanging out with me all day on my bed. I have been watching episodes of my favorite TV show while he licks my hands :) He peed on my comforter which resulted me throwing it AND my cell phone in the washer, though... Oh well, thus is life with the piggers! I'd much rather it be my cell phone and not the piggy through the washer, though! :D

captaincavymom

Cavy Slave
...and remember how happy he will be when he gets to meet his new friends. Lots of popcorning! (Lets hope!)

YES! You've already made his 'today' brighter, that alone should make you feel good. And whenever he's cuddling on your lap, take a moment to remind him that the wait will be worth it.