Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Keep your fingers crossed!

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
I applied to work at one of the local vet clinics a while ago. I have an Animal Care Aide certificate (pretty much not a Vet TECH, but an assistant...like general office duties, radiograph developing, the grunt work of the vet world) and they FINALLY CALLED TODAY!!! It's for a large animal vet mind you, but, it's still using my education! (Large animals means horses, horses mean HAY! lol..that's just a perk I guess) anyway keep your fingers crossed that the preliminary meeting on Friday goes well and I get the job. I've been hoping for this for a long time.

I've been applying for McDonalds, and other fast food joints in the mean time..but let's hope this is it!

Congrats and keeping my fingers crossed for you. I have a job interview on Friday too. Let us know how it goes.

oh will keep my fingers crossed for you .

Congrats! Keep us updated.

Fingers are crossed! GL!

I think I did good. They said they'd call me with a time/day for a job shadow/interview with the actual vet I'll be working under. So yeah Let's hope! The fact that I did my practicum at a clinic that the head tech used to work at, and she knew my teacher was a big help. They embrace all the things I like about a vet clinic. No convenience Euthanasia's. (In a military community that's actually one of those questions you gotta ask....because there are people who just would rather kill their pet than try to move with them) Covered all the bases....am I allergic? No..just give me a chance to change my scrubs to street clothes before I go because my husband is. Gonna be posted any time soon? Nope, here for 10 years at least. I really REALLY hope I get this job. It's so hard to get in to the vet world....

Pretty much, my education is, being the grunt worker at the vet clinic. No real medical procedures. Mostly fetching animals, restraining animals, getting the equipment ready for the vets for surgery/travel, developing radiographs, freeing up the TECHS to do TECH stuff...such as dentals, male cat neuters, surgery assists, stuff like that. I've been trained to be that extra set of hands so to speak. (along with reception and other office procedures) And apparently that's what they need. I hope I passed the personality test... >.>

Congrats so far....sounds good and good luck with the 2nd round.

I got the job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I start monday part time! Woohooooo!!

Congratulations on getting the job!

Congratulations on the new job! Now can you tell me if you get any discounts? (We were talking on chat the other day when I first asked...) :D

@littledinobug Congratulations. I got the job I mentioned interviewing for above too.

Yay! Congrats to both of you! With so many people out of work it's refreshing to hear people getting jobs, not only losing them :)

@Raine59 Yes, congratulations on landing the new job! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.