Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Kaytee Hay

Nothing is really BAD about it for your piggies. It is often times VERY crumby/crumbly-- I.E it is shredded up and usually the last half of your bag is unusable. It will probably fall through the hay manger.

Also, they don't really sell JUST Timothy Hay. It's gotta be Timothy Hay PLUS: Marigolds/Carrot etc etc.. Guineas don't need that crap because I am assuming we all feed them enough foods/Vitamin C, etc..

I made the mistake of getting 2 bags of Kaytee + Marigolds. The Piggies love it, but I don't love the mess and the quality isn't very appealing to me. I guess it is an opinion thing.

Next time, however, I will be purchasing my hay from (broken link removed) . She sells THE BEST hay in the LARGEST quantities.

This is somewhat opinion based, I supposed, but you can decide: Better quality for us and our pigs, or bad quality for us and 50% quality for the piggies? You decide.

:)

Kaytee is notorious for having poor quality hay. Usually it's hard, dusty and stemmy. A good quality hay is nice, soft, and smells sweet like tea almost.

It's not really the brand of hay that matters, it's the quality. Kaytee isn't always bad. Sometimes it's of decent quality.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.