Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Kaytee Clean and Cozy- eating it??

millsma

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
So I bought some "Clean and Cozy" bedding, by Kaytee. It seems like my pigs were eating it??

I took it out of the cage for now... but I'm wondering if I should be worried??

When I used that bedding my pigs ate it too, do you know how much they ate? Keep an eye on them an I suggest switching bedding

Piggies will nibble on anything new to see what they are. If they are not eating a lot of it, don't worry about it.

Mine do the same thing. I keep watch and so far no ill effects. I suppose rodents will be rodents.

When I change the cage I make sure nothing I don't want them chewing on is covered.

Most pigs will "taste test" new bedding. If they continue to eat it then I would stop using it but if it's just a couple nibbles one time then they will be fine.

They all seem fine, now! :) Just curious little piggies, I suppose!

The clean and cozy bedding is paper as well, so shouldn't be too harmful, unless they eat lots and lots of it

I switch between Clean & Cozy and Carefresh, depending on what's on sale. Thankfully, no one's eaten it, or at least not willfully. I did notice that if I give the pigs a moist veggie and they run under their kitchen shelves with it and take their time eating it down there, a little bit of bedding sticks to it so they could be ingesting it that way.

I use the clean & cozy as well, i have seen one of mine take a nibble. My only concern is a company can tell you what ever they want on the package but the sad truth is how much chemical must have been used to bleach and soften all this paper product??? just something i thought about thats why i am going to look in to the fleece as well since my c&c cage will be completed as of tomorrow. I also found pieces of the paper that must have been labels from other items that must have slipped through processing and the colour and print was all still on it. At $20 a pop thats a little unsettling. Also the benefit of the fleece is your helping the environment in the long run as well.

I use the same bedding amd my piggies eat it too! I used to use carefresh and they didn't eat it. But as of today I am switching to fleece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.