Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Kale

my piggie loves kale and spinach!!!

So do mine...but you have to be a good parent and say "no" sometimes no matter how much they beg *laughs*. At any rate, I wonder sometimes whether they can really tell the difference between endive lettuce and romaine! I guess it makes it easier to give a variety if they don't know I'm giving them anything different day after day! (oh boy do they know when the cukes and peppers are coming though!)

On another note would you believe my pigs don't care for carrots? I'm so glad that I don't have to feel like I'm depriving them now! (sorry if it's off topic, I just had to share my "amazing discovery", haha.)

Mine will wheek constantly if they don't get their morning carrot. Even after I've topped up the hay and given the other veggies, they'll beg at the side of the cage. Bless!

My vet told me to feed them kale instead of lettuce!!!!!

You can feed them both, just not iceburg lettuce.

yea- I heard iceberg lettuce is not too good for them. I give my piggie a veggie every night- and if he doesn't get it, he won't stop wheeking until he gets it!! it's sooo funny!

thanks! it does help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.