Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just about ready to explode...

ArtisticRainey

Cavy Slave
I think I've reached the limit of the amount of cow-cookies I can take at the moment.

Sleep had eluded me for the past 56 hours. It is now 7am. I'm in the final semester of my degree and have a sum total of 25 000 words to write before May, as well as all the research necessary to do them. And I can't sleep. I can't concentrate to do the work.

Stupid hospital is threatening to kick me off my therapy course because I missed an appointment and didn't tell them beforehand. The reason I didn't was because I couldn't as their receptionist wasn't in and they hadn't bothered to get cover for her. If they kick me off, it means no long-term hospitalisation which is necessary for me to, well, live.

My housemate has let her boyfriend move into our house without asking me, and has *told* me he won't be paying any bills. And they make the beast with two backs all day, very loudly.

My mother has stopped speaking to me because I am no longer a Roman Catholic. My boyfriend's family hate me because I'm not a Protestant. And he's been really distant over the past week.

The radiator in my room has broken, and it is buck freezing. There is now mould growing on the wall, and my landlord is doing nothing about it.

And my pigs have some kind of lice/mites that I can see crawling around on their skin. Taking them to the vet for 9am. I am now psychosomatically scratching myself, despite the fact I know that the majority of guinea pig parasites cannot survive on humans (and I don't have any funny red dots).

And one of my wisdom teeth is moving again, and it's creating pain all over the right side of my face, under my eye and in my ear.

On the bright side... I'll get back to me on that one.

</rant>

I know my problems pale in comparison to the majority of problems in the world. But it's all getting a little too much for me.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
The pig problems I may be able to help you with - for everything else I can only provide empathy.Most likely your pigs have lice. Mites are microscopic, you cant see them. Lice on the other hand are nasty little creatures that you can often see wriggling around on the pigs skin, and they are host specific. Read this article - Guinea Lynx :: Lice . You should be able to treat from home with advantage.

Cosmictadpole

Cavy Slave
Hehe, it took me awhile to figure out what cow cookies are! It sounds like you're having a really tough time. I hope you're able to find that bright side soon. Maybe once the piggies are well, they can help cheer you up a little :)

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
I hope you feel better, yeah my parents don't even know I don't believele in god!! They would freak at that but not me not eat meat!

relay

Cavy Slave
At least you have your piggies :) I suggest talking to your room mate and her boyfriend about the bills. Sorry about your mom. She really needs to understand that everyone has a right to what they want to believe and how they want to believe it. And I know what it's like to be cold. My house is over 200 years old and we have steam heat. I suggest getting a wool blanket. They work miracles! Good Luck!

ArtisticRainey

Cavy Slave
Thanks all. Still awake.

So the pigs have lice. They're soo disgusting. Well, Ben has little long white things crawling in his fur anyway. Bill has a lot of little black spots all through his fur but no visible crawly things. I assume the specks are eggs? Cookie and Heidi live upstairs and are never in contact with those two, but i got them dosed with Advantage too . Heidi also has a URI and is on Baytril.

Is there anything that I can do to help them apart from this? Like, combing their fur with a fine-toothed comb?

Something good though: my radiator gurgled earlier and it's heating up a little. Taking small victories. I shall speak to my housemate tomorrow (and maybe bring Bill along, as he has a NASTY bite [my poor hand...]).

bamby71994

Cavy Slave
As Bill, I thought you, were talking about the bill her boyfriend will not pay!! I get it now!!:)