Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior jerry and newman meet - day 2

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
jerry is a 7 month old abbyruvian male, separated from my 2 other males due to fighting. went through a local rescue here and found him a companion - newman - who's a five year old (they're guessing) black crested male. when we had the meet and greet, they were in love. took newman home, and they were quite happy for several hours. i was awoken several times in the middle of the night by the ungodly screamg of that old man newman! :eye-poppi what a set of lungs on him. i checked, and there were no injuries. newman is still hiding out under the fleece forest until he gets his bearings, and all jerry has to do is approach him (basically cornering him) and he screams like a little girl! :eek: when i got home today it was much the same. no fighting, no injuries, no scuffles even, just jerry approaching and newman screaming. so, i did a buddy bath (by the way, this is not for the weak-kneed! two wet, soapy, freaked out pigs and one human - do the math - it's not pretty :yikes:), and wrapped them i a towel on my lap for a good 20 minutes. they seemed worn out, but still the approach-scream thing. i'm hoping over time, as newman gets acclimated, that will improve and they'll settle into being friends. any other advice you guys?:eek:ptimist:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.