Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance i've got a problem!

arcangel

Cavy Slave
i just got a another pig because my friend parents had one but they are moving to a no pets apartment. So i now have a 5th piggie and ive introduced the new pig with my pigs in a neatraul (sry about my spelling) and i it looked perfactly fine but the problem once ive fully cleaned the cage and put all 5 pigs in my leader pig just straight up after exploring attacked my new piggie midnight who is a 2 1/2 year old and now they both just teeth chatter up a storm and im worried because my leader pig moo pulled a lil bit of hair out. Do i move midnight out?

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
How big is your cage? Did you wait 2-3 weeks to make sure the new pig is healthy? What sex are they (male or female)?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Some no pet apartments are more geared towards no dogs or cats. They usually allow aquariums and small animals like guinea pigs.

I also question if they are all the same sex. You need to keeps boys n girls separate from each other.
What are their ages? How did you introduce? How long did you let the introduction go?

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
How large is the cage? If it's too small for 5 pigs there will definitely be trouble.

Some pigs just don't like newcomers. Sometimes a new pig can upset the balance that the others have, and they will all get upset and try to assert their dominance again.

arcangel

Cavy Slave
all my pig's are female and the new one is too i check to make sure (she's a girl) my cage is a L-shaped cage with 10.5 ft long and 5 ft wide on side the the hook of the L is 8 ft long and again 5 ft wide its a huge cage.
My pigs age

Moo moo 2 years old
Lunaria 2 years old
Fang 1 1/2 years old
Va-niel 1 1/2 years old
(new pig) middy is 2 1/2 years old is my friend said

My friend watch over her for a week at his house before she came to my house to make sure she wasnt sick (which see not) however i need to set her up with a new vet because his vet was a benefield vet but she seems fine eating cherping and begging all ready for food. Next I put them in Area neither of them have been for 2 hours with me watching to see how they do and it seemed fine but once in the cage it changed. ( like ive stated)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.