Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I've got a chirper!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
To my amazement this morning I was woken up by Maia chirping! She was in the pigloo, just chirping away. I yelled at her to stop, but she kept doing it, probably for five minutes. She was mounting the boar last night, so I don't know if she is in heat, but it was wierd!

http://www.guinealynx.com/behavior.html ---> It explains chirping right at the top.

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
Lucky you! :p

I have about four pigs who chirp. They are all females. They tend to chirp at 3am but they have been known to chirp during the day. They usually do it when they are in season.. I orginally thought maybe that had something to do with it but then males chirp to!

I have yet to find a way to shut up a pig when they begin their chirping. If you find a way to make them be quite at 3am in the morning I would be glad to know! :D

Christys GPS

Cavy Slave
I was reading this post and and my guys who have been running around, all 5 of them, stopped in their tracks and looked at me when I Played the audio clip. It was so Darn Cute, I wonder what the chirping means.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Wow! Furlong stuck his head in the air, but Ascot just went back to sleep!

Guinea_Gal

Cavy Slave
OH! My piggies do that all the time. Especially in the middle of the night when i am trying to sleep. I always though they were just grinding their teeth! Silly me

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.