Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy its funny when....

miss_melmel

Cavy Slave
It's funny when you see your partner enjoying guinea pigs when she didnt want them in the first place.
she loved connor and use to want to hold him more then me.. but then she meet charlie bear and feel deeply inlove:love:
I love it when i look out of the corner of my eye and she her gleefully petting charlie bear and see him sprawled out on her loving it :D

My partner wouldn't touch them when we first got them. He would always say get them away from me. Well you should see him now, it's a totally different story. Helps with cleaning, feeding & moving them out to their play areas. He is always talking to them and giving them cuddles. I guess they have that effect on us. Even I wasn't sure about getting them when my daughter asked if we could but now I love them & couldn't imagine them not being around. Not to mention we went a bit guinea pig mad & now have 19 of them.

i wish i could have 19. im lucky if i am able to get a 4th. im hoping she will let me:)

My SO likes to spend time with Leo but unfortunately he doesn't feel the same way. Leo always pees, poops on or bites him, but is a gentleman for me. He must be a ladies man lol

haha! My bf is the same way. When I got my first, Bocefus, he thought he was kind of cute but never went into his room. When I got my second, Waylon, he said he was going to break up with me!! Then when the third came [from a cardboard box while trying to meet someone] he said it was ok that I saved him. We went to a rescue to find him a friend and my bf is the one who suggested to get a duo of boys!!
He goes in there every morning to make sure I fed and watered everyone and every night to give hugs and nose kisses. When we walk upstairs and I pass the room without going in he even gets upset. [Though I plan on going in in like, 2 minutes!]
He hasn't gotten to the point of helping with cleaning with the cages though. A few weeks ago he referred to them as "ours" for the first time.

Yeeee, my bf loves the piggers! When I first got Scout and Oliver, he was wary and confused, but as he got to hold them and see how lovely they are, he ended up getting two for himself! We spend 8 months of the year apart while I'm at school so the piggies are a good way for us to not get lonely and have something to bond over. He helps me with cleaning, cage design and cuddling while he comes to visit. His piggies also live lavishly. I love hearing him and his friends talk about his piggies when they come over, since they're 20 years old! Talking about how cute and funny a little animal is is one of the last things you'd expect young men to be discussing.
My parents are less approving of the piggers, but when I got my girly Radley, my mom told me she was the cutest and that she likes to sneak her carrots (bad Mom!) so that must mean that she is warming up to them.

Well, My husband hasn't gotten to the point he really don't mess with them to much. He will mess with a little while I have them for lap time. He says I am obsessed but I am so its all good. I think he is a little jealous. ha ha

It was my husband's idea to get them in the first place. But due to his allergies and very limited interaction with animals in general (due to his allergies) He felt like a fish out of water with the piggies. He's starting to warm up to them though. He isn't allergic to them, or the hay so that's good. He brought Chuzzle upstairs yesterday for lap time, and our son fed Chuzzle some matchstick carrots. Then when we took the bag away she started getting all offended, then I gave her a bit of apple which she tried..and loved. I'm thinking the "sweeties" will be for laptime only. She sprawled out and just chillaxed while being fed apples. was like "Hey this isn't so bad!"

It's funny when you see your partner enjoying guinea pigs when she didnt want them in the first place.
she loved connor and use to want to hold him more then me.. but then she meet charlie bear and feel deeply inlove:love:
I love it when i look out of the corner of my eye and she her gleefully petting charlie bear and see him sprawled out on her loving it :D

They certainly know how to get into everybody's hearts! They're just too cute to resist!

My husband likes to pretend he's a manly man (which is hilarious because he's so skinny), but sometimes I'll catch him "baby talking" to the pigs in their cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.