Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

It's a Texas Winter!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I had to take a moment to brag about the awesome weather we had today here in Texas: 70 and sunny! The guinea pigs spent almost their whole afternoon out on the porch, lucky little guys. I think they loved it though, there was lots of pop-corning from the newest Buddy (all brown). Eddy Pig (black teddy) was a little freaked out by the road construction sounds which I found odd since I have had the windows open the last few days and their cage is right in front of one, plus they have been working on the road for almost a year now. Ben (brown and white) just ate lettuce then napped. He's a pretty content pig no mater what is going on. ❤️

Their play area
It's a Texas Winter!

Nummy Lettuce!
It's a Texas Winter!

Hiding.
It's a Texas Winter!

Eddy Pig braving the world for some good greens
It's a Texas Winter!

AH they're all so adorable!!! And I'm jealous, I think the temperature maxed out today at around 30 :( but we still only have maybe 3 inches of snow or so, so that's a good thing. I just love Buddy's little piggy nose when he's hiding ;)

Oh, cute! Lucky guys! I love the name you picked for your new one, it's the same name as one of my neighbors' pigs. :D

ahhh! i live in texas but i am currently out of state visiting family. needless to say, it's absolutely freezing here and i can't wait to return to the warm weather!

Thayer are just adorable! Thanks for feeding my addiction with the pigtures:p

Adorable pigs! Enjoy the weather! It was -28*c at one point yesterday(with the wind chill) not fun at all!

Adorable pigs! Enjoy the weather! It was -28*c at one point yesterday(with the wind chill) not fun at all!

That was temp here to..I can't wait for play time outside...Last year my piggies met a neighbor rabbit..it was so so cute...

Oh don't worry, I will be jealous when we are having 100 days over 100 again this summer in Texas. :yuck:

I've let the guinea pigs outside every day now for the past 3 days. They actually spent all day out side today from 10 am to 5:30 pm. Eddy Pig is getting braver and coming out from under the kids' water table thing. Today all three were playing guinea pig "tag" running around and around. Ben will come up to the window if we walk by inside squeaking at us. He's so friendly! I'm still working on Buddy, he's getting tamer but still a skittery little dude.

I was wondering if there was anything I could put out there for them that would be more entertaining? They have lots of boxes and things to hide in, lots of hay, pelleted food and water. The space is probably around 8x5 in grids, give or take half a grid, so there is plenty of room to do whatever can be dreamed up! So anyone have any ideas?

Just reading this, I'm in Texas also. Eddy looks just like my Patches. He just lost his friend "Murphy". I've never taken him outside before. I would definitely have to sit outside with mine, to keep the neighborhood cats, birds, and squirrels away. If I put him on the back deck, I wouldn't have to worry about the cats but would still have to worry about the birds and squirrels.

We are currently in a second floor apartment so no cats, no squirrels, and without a bird feeder, no birds. Our porch is also covered and I put some wire mesh up just to make sure no hawks think the guinea pigs would make a yummy meal. I bring the piggies inside if we leave the apartment. I can also see them from almost anywhere since the apartment kind of wraps around the porch. It is a really nice and safe set up for them.

It must be nice, I wish I had a safe outside play area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.