Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General its a boy! haha, in need of advice

abi.25

Cavy Slave
i have adopted another piggie, hes not here yet but will be here one day next week, i have always had girls, so am in need of some advice...

1. do boys need anything different, e.g. care, food,

2. he is long haired, will he need a hair cut or will it stop growing when it gets to a certain length, if so do i use scissors or hair clippers

3.what do you think of the name sugar? he is white with a little bit of black near his eye

thanksss:):)

Congrats on the adoption.

1. Food and care is pretty much the same, except he will need his sac checked and cleaned.
https://www.guinealynx.info/impaction.html

2. You will need to trim his hair. You can either use scissors (be very careful) or hair clippers. I've used hair clippers. You'll also have to give him a butt bath when he gets dirty.

3. Sugar sounds nice :)

Are you planning to get him neutered so he can live with your females?

ive got a spayed female, that gets weed on by the others so im hoping they will be friends and she can live with him on the top layer of my cage haha, do i need special clippers? thanksk for your advice

do i need special clippers? thanksk for your advice

You're welcome. You can buy any hair clippers. The one I have is he cheapest one I found and it works fine. I use it to cut my husband's and son's hair too :D

If you decide to use scissors, buy a pair of human hair cutting scissors. They don't pull as much, which is usually what causes a pig discomfort.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.