Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

It is a small world!

kananaka

Cavy Slave
So I was searching around on the net last night trying to see if there are any shelters in my area that have pigs. and I found this by doing a Google search https://www.guineapigcages.com/threads/46699/ . I contacted the one that is like a 20 min drive from me to see if they needed anything (would love to be a foster but cant, but I can donate some food/hay/etc..).

Just thought it was funny that the website that got me thinking what more can I do pointed me in the right direction by a random search on the net. :D

I'm in FL too and learned about adoption through this website. Once I knew to look, I was amazed at the number of piggies on both PetFinder and Craigslist in my area. I can't even imagine how many homeless piggies this site has benefitted, either through educating people about adoption or inspiring them to do something else to help.

Indeed :). Luckily we got our 2 girls from my daughters class mate (but I was going to buy her one this summer before we found out our girls we being re-homed). We lucked into a re homing, and so glad I did avoid the whole pet store buying.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.