Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is Two a Crowd?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I guess I missed the last part. It does sound like she means to adopt.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
There is really only one word in there that makes you think that she wants to get one from a pet store and it's "buy". Technically when you get a piggy from a shelter you are still buying them as you pay an adoption fee which is still money exchanged for a piggy but the only difference is its going to a better cause. By the sound of her last post it really looks like she wants to adopt. At least I hope thats what she means.

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
Trust me, I'd definitely go adoption from a rescue or foster home! I agree with the poster that said I have to see the bigger picture when considering buying from a pet store, it is sad to not rescue the piggies at a pet store, but will lessen their profits if they cannot sell pigs, and also save lives of other GPs. I am going to do some more research on rescues/foster homes in my area, because most of the ones on the internet are a bit too far for me.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Im so excited to hear your really thinking about adopting a piggy friend for snickers. Im sure he'll love that! Keep us updated!
Oh, and I have two texel (curly) piggys! They are "rare" Just harder to find, thats all.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
I have never seen a texel in my country. I would love to adopt one from away but there is alot of things to be done before I can bring one back. I would have to take it to the vet and get a letter to give to the Gov. Then I have to wait for it to be approved. Craziness. Now that I think about it I may consider doing this for a texel.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
lol thats crazy!

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
While my Mom and I were looking up piggy rescues in my area last night, she found a place called "This Little Piggy," and on September 10, they are having a "Piggy Field Day," where they will have a meet-and-greet type event with all adoptable pigs. I'm really hoping to go, and I look forward to it! I'll give the link if you guys want to check it out. By the way, I don't see my profile picture up yet, so I'll put a picture of Snicks in here, too. Here is that link:

Guinea Pig Rescue, Coatesville and Lionville, PA - Home

@SweetiePig--that is so cool! The texels are really cute! I'd love to see pictures :)
@LongLostCurls--that sounds like a lot of steps to adopt a little guinea pig! I'm sure that would take awhile once the Government gets involved, too. I wonder if you decided to get a guinea pig, a rescue or foster home could help the process move along a little faster, by writing letters or something? Just a thought.

Kyla Snicks Cats Oh MY 173

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
I have pics of my pigs on my thread called 'Curly Pig Diary' :)
And that is sooo awesome about the piggy field day! I wish I could go, Have fun and hopfully find a friend for Snickers!

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Adorable pic by the way :cheerful:

SnickieBugs

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.