Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables is this too big for a salad for a guinea pig?

Mr. Pig

Cavy Slave
I just made two plates of this exact dish for each of my boys they are pretty big and they are 2 years old i am wondering if this is a good amount too much not enough or what?

its romaine lettuce, cilantro, cucumber, and a red bell pepper slice.

[GuineaPigCages.com] is this too big for a salad for a guinea pig?[GuineaPigCages.com] is this too big for a salad for a guinea pig?

It looks fine, but I'd skip the cucumber & use it as a very occasional treat. It has almost no nutritional value, and could cause diarrhea & bloat.

Don't feed red bell pepper too often, as it's much higher in sugar than yellow or green.
Romaine can cause sludgy urine in some pigs, if you experience this just switch to other green or red leaf varieties. :)

It looks fine, but I'd skip the cucumber & use it as a very occasional treat. It has almost no nutritional value, and could cause diarrhea & bloat.

Don't feed red bell pepper too often, as it's much higher in sugar than yellow or green.
Romaine can cause sludgy urine in some pigs, if you experience this just switch to other green or red leaf varieties. :)

Okay thank you and they wont eat the red bell pepper and when I give them there salad plate they eat all the lettuce and all the cilantro and leave the cucomber and bell pepper :/

Romaine caused impaction in Mr. Whistles and he doesnt like cucumbers either....idk why :p

Try different colors, as they taste quite different. My pigs would only eat the yellow kind at first.
And animals are like children, you may need to feed the same foods over 12+ times before they learn to enjoy it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.