Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Is this the Sound of Illness?

KatzeFace

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I've had my younger guinea pig for about five days now. I estimate him to be 3 months old. Ever since we got him he's been making this sound, like a series of little chirps, and sometimes a slight wheek. It almost sounds like he's trying to wheek but he can't? He's also been sneezing, maybe 5 times/day at most, and one eye seems a bit watery. He's going to the vet in two days, I'm just not sure what that chirpy sound is. He only does it mainly when we hold him, or when he's walking around his cage. Purring isn't a problem for him, he just really hasn't ever wheeked like I've expected him to. Is the chirping normal? What does it mean, if it is? If the sound isn't normal, is it part of the suspected URI? Thank you for your help.

Some pigs just talk when they're wandering around. Lots of folks call it "burbling." And it takes some pigs a while to find their wheekers. But when they do, you'll know it.

I doubt seriously that it has anything to do with an URI.

Oh, really? He also does it when we pet him, so, he's not bothered...he's just..burbling. Haha, that's cute.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.