Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Is this size ok now?

Marybonus

Cavy Slave
Hello fellow cavy lovers. I adopted two male guinea pigs two months ago. I had them in a cage which was 1,20 by 60 cms. I've searched high and low here in Argentina for coroplast or grids or anything similar, to no avail. So, i bought another cage, the same size, and brought them both together.
I tried to make a square, but it was impossible given the dimensions of the room. So they make a rectangle, like a corridor, of 2,40 by 60 cms. Is his ok, even if it is not a square? I put two of everything, water bottles, hideys, etc. They seem super pleased with their new condo! And it' so sweet o see that, in spite of the double of everything, including hideys, they are always sleeping together!!!! So, is this size ok now? Thanks!!!!!!

Can you post a picture? I just can't picture it in my mind. your cage can be any shape as long as there is enough floor space for them. Glad to here they are snuggle buddies, that is just so sweet!

That should be enough room for them -- thanks for working so hard to fix this up for them. We'd love to see pictures, of pigs and cage!

240 by 60 cm is a great size. It's great that you can give them that much space. That's 15.5 square feet and more than enough for two pigs.

Thank you so much for your answers! Thankfully, I have the room to give them the space. They share that room with two chinchillas, Chinita and Chinela, and a bunny. The bunny, Lemon, is loose there all the time, whereas the piggies, Thunder and Ligtning, and the chins have different times of floor time fun. On the floor they have rocks and logs and tunnels for them to run jump and hide. They love it! And I love watching them! I will be posting pics soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.