Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance Is this signs of dominance?

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have 5 pigs 1 aby and 4 American shorthaired ( I think) they are all sows and my oldest is the aby. To help towards taming them I have been hand feeding them veggies. They will now all come out and take food from my hand however my one named cookie she is the second biggest to my aby and she seems like she is the one getting bullied. She gets food taken off her and if any of the other pigs come over to take food from my hand she seems to be the one getting pushed out with all five of them. She seems to stay back now, when I come with food so i do put extra veggies down afterwards. Like I said before she is the second biggest out the five, i wanted to see what you all thought if this was signs of the other pigs being dominant, thanks.

She's no doubt not the dominant pig. Weigh her daily for a while to be sure she's not losing weight, and if she needs some extra food, just put her in a bin by herself with some extra veggies for a little while.

Ditto what bpatters said. It doesn't matter that she is bigger then some of the other girls if they are more aggressive then her then they will push her to the back of the line. One of my smaller guys(I have 4) is turning out to be the 2nd most dominant piggy!

Thanks both of you. I will try feeding her separately. Hhbean my smallest piggy out the five is one of the most dominant my aby is probably the only one she will listen to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.