Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Weight Is this okay?

Piggie Mom

Cavy Slave
Tiger Lily is pretty young. She gets pellets daily, tons of veggies, (Kale, Bell Pepper, Cilantro, etc.) She gets one baby carrot every other day to make sure her sugar doesn't get out of hand. She gets fruit and water too. :) Okay, so just got my scale a couple of days ago. For two days her weight was 392g, today her weight is 402g. That okay? I really need a chart for okay weight gain, but can't find one. If anyone has one or a general guideline that would be great! I just want to make sure my little sweetie is growing like she needs.

Sounds okay. Depends on when you weighed her, before or after eating. I think there's a normal weight gain and lost guide in guinealynx.

Before eating. :)

Just keep a record of her weights and the dates. If it's generally going up, that's a good thing.

Don't overdo the kale -- better to switch her to more red or green leaf lettuce and less kale. Take a look at the "read me" thread in the Diet and Nutrition section for info on what can be fed and how often.

She doesn't get that everyday, she does get the red though, sorry, I tend to type super fast and not read what I have written before I post. It usually takes me a while to reply because I am chasing my daughter. I try to post my thoughts as quickly as they come.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.