Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is this okay instead of a Pigloo?

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I did have a plastic Pigloo for my girl but she would always dig under the fleece and liked to snuggle up. So I made her a blanket which I then pegged onto the side of her cage so she can run straight under it or snuggle up in it. Is it okay to count as a house or should I put the Plastic Pigloo back in? I just worried with her chewing it.
[GuineaPigCages.com] Is this okay instead of a Pigloo?[GuineaPigCages.com] Is this okay instead of a Pigloo?[GuineaPigCages.com] Is this okay instead of a Pigloo?[GuineaPigCages.com] Is this okay instead of a Pigloo?

Thanks

My pigs love it when I drape fleece over a corner of their cage. They think it's the best!

I think it's fine. I think since guinea pigs are prey animals that there should be at least one very secure, dark, and mostly enclosed space for each one (so not including tunnels, cuddle cups, etc.). That looks very secure and I bet she likes it better than the igloo because it's nice and cozy :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.