Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is this ok?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
you should change the toys every few days anyway, just make sure they always have on place to hide and a cozy type thing.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I agree with Dagwell... Although I don't have any cozies. My guinea pigs seem fine without them, just make sure you supply them with at least 1 hidey house per pig.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Some take the hidey houses out during the day and put them back at night. I use stools so they can see you and you can still see them. They're less timid that way sometimes.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
I have one stool that I got from a Dollar store... I didn't know how much cavies liked them! :D

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
Here's my philosophy: They always need a darker place to hide, and a soft place to sleep and nap. I didnt want my piggy hiding out all day long either so I have hidey houses that are all just tinted, or they have lots of windows. Because of this, i can see my piggies, and they seem to be so friendly, aafter being used to not having a dark secluded place to hide all day. pigloos work well for transparent houses.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
My CoCo rarely ever gets in her hidey house. She prefers to lay out in the open or on one of the pillows I made for her. Chatty and Charity on the other hand, usually sleep in one of the hidey houses or in a cozy. Yesterday Chatty kept taking naps on top of the hidey house.

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
I got 3 stools in the cage. 3 of them likes to hide under it or rest/sleep on top of it. They often jump up jump down.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.