Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Is This Cage Idea Feasible? It's on My Local Craigslist

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I was looking on my local Craigslist (for some reason, I can't resist looking at the piggies even though my herd is complete) and came across this cage: (broken link removed)

It's not for sale; it's someone's suggestion on how to make a large cage for piggies, buns, etc. Although I wouldn't use it as my permanent cage because I don't have a good spot for it, I'm thinking it might make a nice playpen, especially with felt, and I could store it in the garage between uses. Has anyone here ever done something like this? Any downsides that I'm totally missing? Right now, I just set up a pen with cube walls on the floor for playtime.

I've seen a couple of these on this website. You can actually do this with cubes or those playpen things. I think they are great, the only problem I can see with using them all of the time is finding a place to put it... it wouldn't exactly blend with your decorlol But as a playpen I think it would work fine.

Here is the one I found on here! This one is actually pretty cute:cheerful: [GuineaPigCages.com] Is This Cage Idea Feasible? It's on My Local Craigslist

I don't think I would use it. There just doesn't seem to be that much play space. :(

I'll have to look at pools in the store and see how it would measure up to my current playpen. Right now Borat and Amy go out into a 4 x 6 grid pen, but they really only get 4 x 3 each since I have to keep them separated with a grid wall down the middle.

I think a shower curtain, blanket, and grids on the floor would be a better playpen. In my opinion.

I can't really get past the way it looks.

I don't think I would use it. There just doesn't seem to be that much play space. :(

It looks small to me too. I think the piggies would love the change but...seems like alot of work to set up and take down unless you have the space for it.

I have a kiddie pool I line with towels and use as a play space for mine. I don't put anything around it since I'm in the room when I have them in there but they like the change of scenery.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.