Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is there a right and wrong side of the fleece?

sohappy2beme

Cavy Slave
With some prints, it is apparent which side is up. But with my solid blankets and other prints, it is hard to tell. I've had one solid and one print fleece not wick after 4-5 washings. The solid I washed again, and now it seems to be wicking, but just slower. The print one I am re-washing. I had even flipped the print one and it didn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts?

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Personally, I've never noticed any difference between using one side or the other side of the fleece. My fleece is a very bright pattern that is on both sides, but it is brighter/more saturated on one side and I always use that for the top, so maybe that's why I've never noticed a change? Then again, I use solid fleece for floor time and I've never had any trouble.

Is it a different kind of fleece? Is there a tag that lists the materials? How are you washing them?

ctinaw

Cavy Slave
Fleece is a knitted fabric, and has webbing on the non-cut edge called a “selvage.” If you unroll the selvage, you will be looking at the right side, or face of the fabric. Now, pull along both selvages. The fabric will curl to the right side. Fleece is stretchier in one direction more than the other. If you stretch from the cut side to the other cut side, there will be more stretch. This is also known as the crossgrain, and the fleece will curl to the wrong side.

But really I wouldn't worry about it unless you are going to be sewing something with it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.