Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy is she pregnant?

avengedsoph

Cavy Slave
this is boo
she has been drinking a lot over the past week and she has been just sitting there in the corner
does she look pregnant?

is she pregnant?
is she pregnant?
is she pregnant?
is she pregnant?

Yes she looks very pregnant to me. I have that is very pregnant right now and has the pear shape bulging sides and just lays around except for eatting. Look up baby proofing your cage and get that done asap. Swtich over to alfalfa pellets and hay for the extra calcium.

I can't really tell, it could just be how she is sitting. One of my boys looks like that when he sits.

Are you weighing her weekly? Now would be a good time to start, and if she is pregnant it should be obvious by a steady weight gain,assuming she wasn't starved before, or really young. (Not suggesting you starved her, but you are fostering right?)

As for the extra water, I know in the winter, I get really dry skin from dehydration, so Maybe she needs more water in the winter. That's just a hunch, I maybe totally wrong.

I would be prepared in case she is pregnant. Adding cardboard to make the sides higher won't hurt. And pregnant pigs and babies need alfalfa pellets OR alfalfa hay, not both.

How old is she? Depending on her age you might consider holding off the extra calcium from alfalfa until you can be sure she is pregnant. Good luck!

a woman gave her to me and she said she is about 8 months old, im not fostering theses are all my pigs :)

Oh, I thought you were starting a rescue; anyways congratulations! Maybe you could ask the woman if she was housed with males? I would be careful not to sound accusing though, and let her know that you want to keep her even if she is, so the previous owner doesn't lie about it. That is, assuming you don't know her very well?

i want too, i have 8 right now but i wont be taking in any more, i would love to start one tho, i asked and she said no, maybe she is lying? and no i dont no the previous owners at all they were in a very small cage when i got them lucky i had a bigger one spare.

She definitely is pregnant. However I have little experience in pregnancy. I only watched a pig give birth at the shelter while I was volunteering. That's all. Tell me when she gives birth.

to me she doesnt look very large, she may just have piggy pudge ^.^ good signs to tell is her teets are they getting larger? lay your hand against her side, any kicking or movement? If she is pregnant please do not hold her unless absolutely necesarry. :)

how is she doing? did you find out if she was prego?

I have a two year old pig that has the same shape. It's very possible that you just have a chunky pig. I can't see why the lady who gave you her would lie since she has nothing to lose. Just keep a close eye on her, and weigh her every other day. If she is pregnant she will continue to gain quickly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.