Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is my ramp too steep??!

Mad&Soapy

Cavy Slave
I recently made a 4x2 cage for my masters, but I'm worried that my ramp is too steep. The loft area is 2x2, and the ramp 8" wide, and is made of wood. I covered it with that grippy stuff you can buy to line cupboards with so I know they have traction. They will climb up it with guidance, but it seems that once they're up...they won't come down. :confused: Likewise, they will jump off the side to the bottom instead of actually climbing down. I'm worried they'll get hurt! :eek:hmy: Should I give it more time, or try a different approach? Ideally, I'd like to have thier food upstairs, and their play space down to help keep the nastiest messes upstairs and easier to clean...but I'm aware that I'll have to agree to whatever they tell me:crazy:

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Try putting sides on it, sorta like a railing. It might make them feel more comfortable.

catzeye21138

Cavy Slave
From the look of your cage it looks fine. A lot of pigs jump off the last part of the ramp. They will eventually get used to it. I agree with Jenni, add a side to it. It will make them feel more secure.

wheeek

Cavy Slave
Is it bendy?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.