Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Is my pregnant momma ready to deliver?

pigmomma2

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! This is my first pregnancy with my babies! I had a friend watch my girls for me and he put his boar in the cage with my girls! However, I'm really excited about the pregnancy! My Lelee looks absolutely adorable pregnant! I've been very cautious about handling her since the pregnancy because I'm very scared about hurting the babies but yesterday I moved her to clean out the cage and noticed that she was getting extremely big! About thirty minutes ago I noticed some murky fluid around her favorite hiding place and now she is scrambling around in the open. Is she ready to give birth now (estimated gestation for her is around 52 days now.) or am I just a little too excited for the babies to be here? :)

Sorry that I don't know the answer! Take the necessary precautions just in case you do end up with some babies soon!

I'm not sure what to do exactly. I was told that sometimes they need help delivering. Is this true? And what do I need to do to baby proof the cage?

I don't have any experience with pregnant piggies, but there are numerous ways to baby-proof the cage. One is to overlap grids using cable ties. Another is to make the coroplast higher. (9-12 inches, right?) Good luck with the babies! Do you have any pics of the pregnant momma? Also, be sure to have an exotics vet lined up just in case something goes wrong. (Maybe call them to find out what that liquid you're seeing is/if it is normal before labor)

P.S. We will be expecting pics of the babies once the come!! :p Keep us updated, good luck!!

Oh, also, I wouldn't let that friend watch your pigs again... lol

lol i'll try to get a picture of Lelee and Abigail. (Lelee is the momma ofcourse lol) I have all of that ready to go. Should I put a blanket or fleece in the cage for her as well? Trust me I am definitely NOT letting him watch the girls again! lol

Is my pregnant momma ready to deliver?Here are the girls! :) Lelee is the black one on the bottom and abigail is the other! I'll try getting better pictures later (I don't want to stress my momma out too much) :)

Ooh, we're gonna have some abby babies huh? lol Yay!!! Can't wait!! Both the pigs are very cute :)

Thanks! I can't wait either! I'll definitely keep you updated!:cheerful:

okay iv had two prago guinies in the past, one pasted away after giving birth but the other (Riley) got threw i fine on her own. she went into labor and woke me up around 3 in the morning, i sat with her while she gave birth to her second baby and then went back to bed so she wouldn't get stressed or anything. when i woke up there where three little baby's in the cage ^^ do you know how old your piggies are? i was concerned of this when i found out Riley was prago and i didn't know how old she was because there hips fuze together after a certain age and they cant give birth properly then. If she does go into labor she should have them 15 mins apart give or take. Riley had hers about 10 mins apart. momma will do everything for you so don't worry about helping her, keep an eye on her tho just encase something does go wrong.

any updates?!

So far, nothing. But today I went out and bought a ton of new stuff for my babies (and the new babies to come!) I'm really excited and anxious for her to have them! I'm hoping that the come soon! :D I'll be posting more pictures shortly! I got some good ones of my Abigail tonight while we were having our nightly "cuddle time". I sooo miss being able to hold my Lelee! (which is even more of a reason I'm ready for her to have these babies already!) Lol

Is my pregnant momma ready to deliver?Is my pregnant momma ready to deliver?Here's my Abigail! :) She's such a sweetie! Any tips on brushes, etc. that I can get for her? As you can see, she's shedding like CRAZY!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.